Friday, November 9, 2007

Just a little about my sick ASS!

Damn Hiv+, Why me? I don't get down like that but I got caught up. I know females that are out there bad, you know the type that will lay down with any and everybody. They are all disease free, but what the hell do I do? I know it can't be cured, but, I do know there are drugs I can take to prolong my life. So the next step is how do I find the right combination? I had to go through ten different medications before I could find the right cocktail.

I started off with AZT, and all the others that began to slow down the progression of the disease. I became immune, along with the constant vomiting and diarrhea. That shit was not cool. So I went back to my Doc (it is very IMPORTANT to talk with your doctor if your meds make you feel fucked up, because he/she doesn't know).

I was unable to take all the pills because I couldn't swallow them. I didn't know what to do, which caused my viral load to rise and my T-cells to drop. SHIT here we go again...What next? My saviour! Liquid medication and a g-tube! What's a g-tube you ask? Well my sister jokes with me and calls it my penis...Haha bitch real funny!

Actually it's a feeding tube inserted in the stomach, most sick people get it to eat when they can't swallow food, but I couldn't swallow my meds because some of it smelled like pure shit...literally.

HIV AIDS is a BITCH...If it was a female I would bet hear down to dust!
I have HIV but it doesn't have me...BITCHES!

7 comments:

PrettyBlack said...

Love the blog! Keep it real sista more and more Black women are contracting this disease, I think if we could start talking to our little girls while they are young we can stop this thing from destroying our community. The cure is prevention.

Little black girls need to know their beauty comes from the inside, the way they feel about themselves. Period. Keep preaching lady...save some lives.

Amazon said...

I'm with PrettyBlack on that one. This blog should be mainly for you to get it all out, but along with that it might show some others to not take this Sex Game so lightly.

My sister-in-law had HIV and it tears me apart when I think of what happened. But she gave up and stopped taking her meds. So I best not catch your ass doing that!

And I give you Maaad props on being strong enough to share your story.

Anonymous said...

I am SO very proud of you. Your life is a testimony of the POWER of God. YOur illness blessed my life tremedously. Your struggle allowed me to witness healing, delieverance and God's favour. It strengthend my faith in what God can do. It also allowed me to use your story to inspire, empower and educate young minds not only about the goodness of God, but the possibilities when we fight insteading of laying down. Do ya thang.
Love you much!
U No WHO

Jonne Austin said...

I also cosign with Pretty Black! Don't filter anything. Your voice deserves to be as loud and strong as anyone else's!

NaimaEfuru said...

Thank you for sharing your story, it takes a lot of courage and it is such an important one to tell. I look forward to hearing more.

af said...

trubs, slim, shay, pretty blk beat me here hehe

powerful blog.
i think its great that u can talk honestly about ur life.

i will be praying for u

Janers said...

I get so frustrated with people who don't let kids get properly and thoroughly educated about contraception. Is their right to know how to keep safe.

Hopefully people will read blogs like these and realise what is it stake. I know this sounds like a cliche but its pretty inspiring to read about someone with such a strong resolve - I'll think twice next time i think negative things about my life.